Registered Nurse (RN) - Comprehensive Medical Unit, Sign On Bonus, Full Time, various shifts
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 36Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3050
Job Department: 2001120 MWH-MCC-Comprehensive Care Unit
Job Posted Date: Apr 29, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.This position is eligible for a $10,000.00 sign on bonus to external applicants for full time and part time positions.
In this 32 bed unit, care is provided in a patient and family centered environment making “quality care” our top priority. You’ll find a working environment that is nurturing and dynamic – where our Associates think of each other as family. Our team-oriented approach and the ample opportunities we provide for learning and career growth offer the ideal atmosphere where you can use your best skills. Team work, positive attitudes, respect, and patience are the reasons for this unit’s success.
You will be working primarily with patients admitted for:
• Infectious diseases including
o Respiratory infections
o Stable Sepsis
• Medical Surgical including
o Stable neurological disorders
o Diabetes mellitus
o Dysfunction of the gastrointestinal and renal systems
The Level II Competent Registered Nurse is clinically able to care for patients. The Level II MWHC nurse demonstrates the ability to collaborate with the healthcare team to improve the quality of care in the designated clinical area by incorporating research and implementing evidenced-based knowledge into practice. The Level II Competent Registered Nurse assumes the accountability and responsibility as a professional nurse for providing total, comprehensive, continuous, and patient-centered care for an assigned group of patients. The RN is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Practice Standards for a Level II Registered Nurse:
In the MWHC Practice Standards, a Level II Registered Nurse is outlined in the following areas of:
- Exemplary Professional Practice Standards
- Structural Empowerment Practice Standards
- Transformational Leadership Practice Standards
- New Knowledge, Innovations, and Improvement Practice Standards
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate nursing care, including oversight of licensed and unlicensed personnel in any assigned or delegated tasks using the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Coordinate involvement of the patient, family and health team members in patient care, including patient/family teaching and discharge planning.
- Communicate and coordinate the plan of care and other pertinent information to/from other health care team members.
- Assist Leadership to define standards of excellence for patient care; participate in improvement of patient care services.
- Participate in, contribute to and integrate performance improvement into care delivery and participate in quality improvement activities.
- Participate in orientation of new permanent and temporary staff members.
- Act as point of contact on hospital and departmental policies and procedures to nurses and other health team members.
- Participate in daily operational activities necessary for safe patient/staff environment.
- Provide input to the Nurse Manager regarding unit needs.
- Participate in unit, departmental and hospital committees for formulation of nursing and hospital policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and has experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- BSN is preferred; all Registered Nurses with an Associate's Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain their BSN within five years of hire. (Effective March 2014)
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- AHA ACLS Provider required at hire
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.