Registered Nurse, RN - Cardiac Progressive, FT, Night
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 36Apply
Position Shift: Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-1874
Job Department: 2001320 MWH-Cardiac Progressive Care
Job Posted Date: Jan 15, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Level I Novice Registered Nurse is an entry-level nurse who has graduated from an accredited nursing program and does not have clinical experience as a Registered Nurse. The Level I MWHC nurse is responsible for mastering the knowledge and skills necessary for competent Level II nursing practice within one year of beginning employment at Mary Washington Healthcare.
Practice Standards for a Level I Registered Nurse:
In the MWHC Practice Standards, a Level I Registered Nurse is outlined in the following areas of:
- Exemplary Professional Practice Standards
- Structural Empowerment Practice Standards
- Transformational Leadership Practice Standards
- New Knowledge, Innovations, and Improvement Practice Standards
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate nursing care, including oversight of licensed and unlicensed personnel in any assigned or delegated tasks using the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Coordinate involvement of the patient, family and health team members in patient care, including patient/family teaching and discharge planning.
- Communicate and coordinate the plan of care and other pertinent information to/from other health care team members.
- Assist Leadership to define standards of excellence for patient care; participate in improvement of patient care services.
- Participate in, contribute to and integrate performance improvement into care delivery and participate in quality improvement activities.
- Participate in daily operational activities necessary for safe patient/staff environment.
- Provide input to the Nurse Manager regarding unit needs.
- Participate in unit, departmental and hospital committees for formulation of nursing and hospital policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and has no experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state.
- BSN is preferred; all Registered Nurses with an Associate's Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain their BSN within five years of hire (Effective March 2014).
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire.
- AHA ACLS Provider required within 1 year.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.