Registered Nurse OR , FASC-Surgical- Full Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 36Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-6149
Job Department: 4604025 FASC-Surgical
Job Posted Date: Nov 09, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Level II Competent Registered Nurse is clinically able to care for patients. The Level II MWHC nurse demonstrates the ability to collaborate with the healthcare team to improve the quality of care in the designated clinical area by incorporating research and implementing evidenced-based knowledge into practice. The Level II Competent Registered Nurse assumes the accountability and responsibility as a professional nurse for providing total, comprehensive, continuous, and patient-centered care for an assigned group of patients. The RN is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Practice Standards for a Level II Registered Nurse:
In the MWHC Practice Standards, a Level II Registered Nurse is outlined in the following areas of:
- Exemplary Professional Practice Standards
- Structural Empowerment Practice Standards
- Transformational Leadership Practice Standards
- New Knowledge, Innovations, and Improvement Practice Standards
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate nursing care, including oversight of licensed and unlicensed personnel in any assigned or delegated tasks using the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Coordinate involvement of the patient, family and health team members in patient care, including patient/family teaching and discharge planning.
- Communicate and coordinate the plan of care and other pertinent information to/from other health care team members.
- Assist Leadership to define standards of excellence for patient care; participate in improvement of patient care services.
- Participate in, contribute to and integrate performance improvement into care delivery and participate in quality improvement activities.
- Participate in orientation of new permanent and temporary staff members.
- Act as point of contact on hospital and departmental policies and procedures to nurses and other health team members.
- Participate in daily operational activities necessary for safe patient/staff environment.
- Provide input to the Nurse Manager regarding unit needs.
- Participate in unit, departmental and hospital committees for formulation of nursing and hospital policies and procedures.
- Completes the Pre-Admission Testing Nursing Assessment
- Verifies the correct patient, correct spelling of name, and date of birth. Verifies procedure and/or surgery.
- Completes the Pre-Operative Teaching/Interview Sheet and provides educational material including information regarding medications on day of surgery, pain expectations, NPO guidelines, and smoking before surgery.
- Collects and minimally processes specimens
- Performs blood collection by venipuncture and dermal puncture from patients of all ages accurately and efficiently following proper laboratory standards and procedures.
- Collection of other body fluids may be required.
- Responsible for precise labeling of all samples as dictated by appropriate policies.
- Responsible for precise execution of all specimen collection as dictated by appropriate policies.
- Performs electrocardiograms
- Performs electrocardiogram exams on patients.
- Maintains effective inventory of supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and has experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- A BSN is not required for RNs assigned to FASC
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Minimum of 1 year OR RN experience or equivalent required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine