Receiving Agent - SH
City/State: Stafford, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3682
Job Department: 1007053 MWHC-Supply Chain Operations - SH
Job Posted Date: Jun 08, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for the receipt, data entry, documentation, and processing of all incoming and outgoing shipments in support of cost effective quality patient care at Mary Washington Hospital. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Receives and verifies all incoming shipments of supplies and equipment.
- Ensures the accuracy of incoming orders against purchase orders.
- Reports discrepancies to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates all outgoing shipments with transportation vendors.
- Prepares incoming shipments for delivery to customer in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs data entry functions for receipt of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Acts as liaison between vendor, purchasing, and accounts payable in resolving receiving discrepancies in order to ensure timely processing of invoices.
- Files and maintains all appropriate receiving documentation.
- Interfaces courteously and effectively with visitors, vendors, and Hospital Associates to give assistance, answer questions, and facilitate effective departmental operations.
- Assists in other departmental areas as needed to assure work is complete as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license.
- Six months receiving experience, healthcare setting preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.