Radiology Assistant-Full Time Days (Temporary)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5277
Job Department: 2004305 MWH-CT Scan
Job Posted Date: Sep 21, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Radiology Assistant performs patient-related clerical, maintenance, and direct patient care activities including assisting, transporting, preparing, and observing patients to facilitate safe, effective, and confidential patient care. The Radiology Assistant also provides environmental and technical support including room and equipment preparation/set-up for procedures, and clean-up of room/equipment after a procedure is completed.
Monday- Friday 1000-1830
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Greets all patients, visitors, family members, physicians, and Associates in a courteous and professional manner. Addresses customers’ needs efficiently, effectively, and confidentially.
- Transports patients safely and effectively by wheelchair or stretcher using side rails, safety straps, and locks as appropriate. Exercises caution with regards to oxygen tanks and other medical devices.
- Observes/monitors patients for comfort, safety, and mental and physical status while transporting and while in exam room. Alerts technologist, physician, or supervisor of patient problems or concerns.
- Recognizes equipment or patient problems and brings to attention of technologist, physician, or supervisor as appropriate.
- Prepares procedure rooms for examinations or procedures by obtaining required instruments, supplies, and equipment, and assisting in the creation and maintenance of a safe and orderly environment. Keeps non-compatible equipment/devices out of scanner room (MRI). Cleans exam rooms and equipment after procedures to prepare for next patient.
- Prepares patients for procedures per department standards and protocols, ensuring adherence to proper identification checks. Assists during procedures as requested and performs technical and limited patient care activities under the direction of a technologist, nurse, physician extender or physician.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials by reporting inventory depletion and restocking to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care. Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of modality services/activities.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors by requiring and supporting the establishment, maintenance, and education of an effective safety management program. Adheres to safety practices for staff, patients, and self.
- Remains proficient in the use Radiology/Information Management systems as needed.
- Participates in Performance improvement activities.
- Performs other functions as directed to assist and support the Technologist.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Responsibilities for Mary Washington Hospital (MWH) and Stafford Hospital (SH):
- Maintains constant awareness of isolation precautions and adheres to protective requirements as posted outside patients’ rooms. Observes standard precautions at all times.
- Communicates special requirements to staff immediately upon entry to Department.
- Cleans and reports or arranges routine repairs and maintenance on transportation equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- BLS certification required.
- Previous experience in a patient care setting preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine