RADIATION THERAPIST- Part Time
City/State: Montross, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 20Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-5721
Job Department: 4008242 MWHCS-RCC @ Montross
Job Posted Date: Oct 07, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to deliver accurate radiation therapy treatments to Mary Washington Hospital Radiation Oncology (MWHRO), Stafford Hospital Radiation Oncology (SHRO) and Regional Cancer at Montross (RCCM) patients in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist’s prescription and instructions, and to assist the Radiation Oncologist in all simulation and treatment planning functions as required.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Administers radiation treatments to patients per Radiation Oncologist’s orders, with minimal supervision, to provide quality patient care.
- Provides thorough and accurate documentation of set-up instructions and treatment parameters and records each day’s treatments in ARIA.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Improvement Program and adheres to departmental policies and procedures to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care.
- Performs all treatment related activities including patient transport, scheduling, record keeping, charge capture, chart checks, portal verification, and equipment warm-up/QA checks, as required.
- Performs CT simulations of patients and treatment planning functions.
- This includes, but is not limited to obtaining measurements, performing calculations, constructing shielding and treatment devices to facilitate safe, effective treatment of patients.
- Assists physician and physicist with ACCUBOOST brachytherapy treatment delivery.
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies and materials to ensure stock is never exhausted; keeps assigned area fully stocked with clean, fresh supplies.
- Maintains neat and clean work space while observing proper safety precautions and disposing of infectious or hazardous materials in a way that ensures compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Adheres to radiation safety practices for patients, personnel, and self, including shielding when appropriate.
- Reports equipment malfunctions and/or erratic operations to Lead Radiation Therapist or Physicist immediately.
- Responsible for clinical instruction of Radiology Students from MWH School of Radiologic Technology Program and VCU Radiation Therapy Students.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Radiation Therapy Technology program.
- Registered with the ARRT or equivalent certifying organization or board eligible.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- One to two year’s relevant clinical experience preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine