Project Manager, Construction (MPI)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-2955
Job Department: 3009001 MPI-Property Management
Job Posted Date: Apr 27, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.The MPI Construction Project Manager will be responsible for planning and supervising a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. The Construction Project Manager will be expected to advise, coordinate, and direct the activities required for project development and approval to assure that completed projects meet the operating unit’s scope, schedule, and budget.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides overall project oversight for outpatient projects in healthcare environment:
- Works with the Space Committee or equivalent to accomplish organizational moves and space preparedness
- Creates and maintains schedules for projects
- Manages and maintains project budgets within established constraints, including developing project budgets, scope definition and necessary resources with administrative and customer input for capital process
- Works with Engineering staff at various MWHC outpatient locations insuring their input into project development, project schedule and infrastructure related work effort
- Interviews and hires architectural and engineering (A/E) support as required for project support and code compliance.
- Interviews, bids and awards scope of services (specifications, drawings, et.al.) with qualified contractors
- Interfaces and supports customers with development of project scope for successful completion of projects ensuring compliance with established codes, budgets and service line requirements
- Reviews and/or creates and maintains organizational standards for division specifications
- Reviews and/or creates standardized agreement forms and/or contracts for A/E service and/or contract bid
- Develops and maintains competitive bid list of qualified contractors for various work efforts supported or managed
- Ensures and/or orchestrates project inspection to ensure compliance with Specifications and Construction Documents
- Ensures Project Closeout.
- Ensures projects are managed in a safe and regulatory compliant manner and that organizational Infection Control standards are maintained.
- Establishes and maintains quality standards for project effort from first effort through completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Building Construction, Business (or related field) OR comparable demonstrated ability and experience in healthcare/commercial/institutional /office construction required.
- At least 2 years of construction project management, required.
- Construction project management in a healthcare environment, preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or related programs, required.
- Working knowledge of legal and safety standards surrounding construction and record of safe sites, required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.