Project Coordinator-Full Time
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-2214
Job Department: 9109901 MWHP-Corporate
Job Posted Date: Feb 09, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Project Coordinator ensures proper alignment of projects to organizational and department goals. This position facilitates the process of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and closing projects. The Incumbent will serve as the primary point of contact for mid-sized projects with support/direction of a project sponsor/manager. The Incumbent will independently serve as the primary point of contact for smaller projects.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Participates in producing project plans including, but not limited to the development of schedule, budget, resource allocation, communication plan, risk analysis, procurement, integration, quality, and scope management.
- Manages small to medium scale projects and works collaboratively with Project Manager(s) to support large scale projects.
- Collects data and conducts both independent and joint research to enhance project effectiveness.
- Compiles information for use by project sponsor/manager.
- Collaborates with appropriate individuals to develop communication plan and materials.
- Monitors, summarizes, and communicates project status and identified issues to stakeholders and sponsors.
- Schedules meetings, prepares agendas, and facilitates meetings.
- Meets regularly with Project Team.
- Drafts, edits, and produces reports, briefings, presentations, and responses for review by project sponsor/manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience serving as a Coordinator of project-related tasks, required.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Access, Visio, and Project preferred.
- Hospital or healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in a team-oriented environment, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.