Polysomnography Technician - NEW RATES!
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3521
Job Department: 2004532 MWH-Sleep Lab Center
Job Posted Date: Jun 09, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position will perform polysomnography (sleep related) studies and be able to score sleep studies in accordance with physician orders and with clinical oversight of management. Duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with department and national standards for the performance of polysomnography testing. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conducts routine testing as outlined in department scope of practice, policy and procedures, quality assurance standards and CBOTs. Routine testing includes, but is not limited to: Polysomnography (PSG), Split-Night (CPAP/BIPAP titrations) PSG, CPAP/BIPAP titrations, Conducts advanced testing as outlined in department scope of practice, policy and procedures, quality assurance standards and CBOTs. Performance of advanced testing is done at the discretion of management. Advanced testing includes, but is not limited to, Polysomnography scoring, Multiple Sleep Latency Testing (MSLT) Maintenance Wakefulness Testing (MWT) Selects and verifies integrity of equipment and troubleshoots to ensure quality testing, Prioritizes/organizes workload to promote quality and expedient testing.
- Interfaces professionally and effectively with physicians, fellow staff and other disciplines to evaluate and modify testing as needed.
- Provides patient instruction (and education as applicable) and evaluates the patient’s response to testing.
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Demonstrates effective communication, customer service, and team building skills.
- Accepts responsibility for professional growth and development (in collaboration with the Sleep Lab). Attends classes, seminars, and training sessions designed to promote quality testing and foster team and individual growth.
- Participates in quality and performance improvement processes. Assists management and physicians (as applicable) in activities that add value to positive patient outcomes and improve hospital operations.
- Documents patient information pertinent to testing to ensure comprehensive, timely and accurate recording, accounting and reporting of clinical findings.
- Performs other duties as identified by management and physicians.
- Attends meetings as designated.
- High School graduate or equivalent – required.
- Graduation from an PSG or RT Program, or equivalent- required.
- Licensed RCP, RRT or RPSGT- required.
- Minimum 12 months clinical experience in field of polysomnography, respiratory therapy, emergency or paramedic medicine, or nursing-required.
- Successful completion of CBOT within 90-day probationary period.
- American Heart Association CPR certification required at time of hire.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.