City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-1090
Job Department: 1007231 MWHC-Physician Liaison Svcs
Job Posted Date: Nov 11, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is a liaison between Mary Washington Healthcare and its referral sources in strategically and geographically defined territories. With minimal supervision, the liaison is responsible for building relationships with referral sources and potential referral sources in the designated service area. The liaison provides a conduit for the highest level of communication between physicians and Mary Washington Healthcare leadership. The liaison will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to physicians, patients, co-workers and the public. The liaison will spend 75% of the time in the field and must be able to work independently and manage the workload effectively.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for direct and ongoing contact with physicians and physician office staffs, in an assigned service area, through regular visits and telephone calls.
- Establishes relationships with physicians and their office staffs so a free exchange of information can occur.
- Communicates new Mary Washington Healthcare initiatives to physicians and office staffs.
- Solicits and monitors physician and office staffs’ feedback on Mary Washington Healthcare services and processes.
- Analyzes and tracks referral patterns in designated territories through monthly and quarterly reports.
- Works closely with other physician liaison Associates at Mary Washington Healthcare to provide information to physicians and their office staffs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Regularly reports to Mary Washington Healthcare entities any physician information of interest to that entity.
- Maintains database of physician visits, issues and follow up to ensure follow up is completed.
- Identifies new physician practices in their assigned area and initiates contact to those new physicians. Coordinates visits to physician practices by Mary Washington Healthcare leadership, as needed.
- Assists in planning and execution of meetings and events for physicians and office staffs, including quarterly office managers luncheons.
- Notifies Mary Washington Healthcare leadership of major changes and opportunities that may exist in strategically defined market areas that could benefit the Health System.
- Monitors competitors’ marketing efforts by gathering and routinely reporting competitive intelligence.
- Maintains budgetary responsibility for marketing activities and travel within defined territory.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Minimum of three years experience working with physicians required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Independent problem solving and leadership abilities required.
- Ability to set priorities and goals required.
- Reliable mode of transportation required.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Proficient with PC systems including a high level understanding of Excel, Power Point and other database programs preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.