City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 4Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-412
Job Department: 4906622 MWMG-Observation Services
Job Posted Date: Sep 25, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Assists the supervising physician in the management of patients, and performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures under the physician’s supervision. The P.A. works closely and assists the physician in providing quality, efficient and continuous cost-effective care.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Obtain, record, and dictate medical histories.
- Perform record and dictate physical examinations.
- Dictate discharge and transfer summaries.
- Make daily rounds, record progress notes, write routine orders (comfort and diet, laboratory tests, non-invasive examinations).
- Prepare patients for discharge from the hospital.
- Educate patients and family regarding disease, procedures, medications, nutrition, health care and post-discharge care.
- Act as liaison between patients and physician.
- Act as liaison between nursing and physician.
- Educate office staff in the form of in-services.
- Request consults from appropriate physicians.
- Follow-up with outpatients.
- Handle phone calls from patients and home health nurses.
- Evaluate patients who require a medical consult.
- Assist the physician in all aspects of patient care as requested.
- Manage appropriate patient databases.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- Virginia Physician Assistant License required.
- Previous experience as a PA preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.