Physical Therapy Assistant
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 20Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4129
Job Department: 2001604 MWH-Home Health-PT
Job Posted Date: Jul 13, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to provide therapy services to patients, including treatment, program implementation, related documentation, communication with other disciplines and services, and staff supervision as agreed.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Administer therapy care programs or portions thereof, as planned and directed by a Licensed Physical Therapist.
- Record and document patient treatment and progress to accurately reflect the services provided and patient performance.
- Educate patients, patient's families and staff to increase knowledge, professional development and ensure quality care
- Keep current on new programs and treatments and/or participate in special projects in the physical therapy field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Associate Degree Program.
- Eligible member of APTA.
- Virginia State license required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Professional competency as a general practitioner as defined by the APTA.
- One year health care experience, preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.