Physical Therapy Assistant, FT
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4946
Job Department: 2004205 MWH-Physical Therapy
Job Posted Date: Aug 30, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to provide therapy services to patients, including treatment, program implementation, related documentation, communication with other disciplines and services, and staff supervision as agreed.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Administer therapy care programs or portions thereof, as planned and directed by a Licensed Physical Therapist.
- Record and document patient treatment and progress to accurately reflect the services provided and patient performance.
- Educate patients, patient's families and staff to increase knowledge, professional development and ensure quality care
- Keep current on new programs and treatments and/or participate in special projects in the physical therapy field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Associate Degree Program.
- Eligible member of APTA.
- Virginia State license required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required a
- Professional competency as a general practitioner as defined by the APTA.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine