Physical Therapist (PT) - Home Health, FT, PPV, Day
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-1539
Job Department: 2001604 MWH-Home Health-PT
Job Posted Date: Dec 09, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to evaluate and treat referred home health patients to assist in their return to optimal functional and physical condition and prevent additional disability. Duties and responsibilities are performed according to standards outlined in the competency based evaluation tool. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiative of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations governing the privacy and of patients’ protected health information.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides for the physical, mental and social well being for individuals and families by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the results.
- Provides appropriate and thorough teaching to patients and their caregivers.
- Completes clinical records, schedules and administrative tasks.
- Maintains acceptable productivity standard for this position.
- Provides interdisciplinary communication in order to share information and assist with patient management.
- Participates in staff and administrative meetings.
- Participates in performance improvement (PI) activities.
- Record and document patient evaluation, treatment, and progress to accurately reflect the services provided and patient performance.
- Keeps current knowledge of new programs and treatments and/or participate in special projects in the physical therapy field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Virginia Physical Therapy license required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required
- One year health care experience preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.