Home Health Physical Therapist- Pay per Visit
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 20Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4486
Job Department: 2001601 MWH-Home Health-Admin
Job Posted Date: Aug 10, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to evaluate and treat referred home health patients to assist in their return to optimal functional and physical condition and prevent additional disability. Duties and responsibilities are performed according to standards outlined in the competency based evaluation tool. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiative of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations governing the privacy and of patients’ protected health information.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides for the physical, mental and social well being for individuals and families by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the results.
- Provides appropriate and thorough teaching to patients and their caregivers.
- Completes clinical records, schedules and administrative tasks.
- Maintains acceptable productivity standard for this position.
- Provides interdisciplinary communication in order to share information and assist with patient management.
- Participates in staff and administrative meetings.
- Participates in performance improvement (PI) activities.
- Record and document patient evaluation, treatment, and progress to accurately reflect the services provided and patient performance.
- Keeps current knowledge of new programs and treatments and/or participate in special projects in the physical therapy field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Virginia Physical Therapy license required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required
- One year health care experience preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine