Pharmacy Technician-Full Time Days/Evenings
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 36Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-5196
Job Department: 2004401 MWH-Pharmacy
Job Posted Date: Sep 07, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Certified Pharmacy Technician will assist the Pharmacist to provide drug distribution and clinical services to patients in a safe, responsible and professional manner. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public, and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Completes quality assurance logs consistently (i.e. refrigerator/freezer temperature, medication room inspections, hood cleaning). Performs the following duties of the unit dose delivery system: Operates the robotic dispensing system and troubleshoots and handles the robots functions. Prepares medications for delivery to automated dispensing machines. Packages unit dose medications. Prepares, delivers, and exchanges unit dose medications. Operates the pneumatic tube delivery device. Restocks medication boxes, specialized trays/kits (i.e. RSI, EMS Narcotic, etc.) and crash carts.
- Operates the controlled substance dispensing machine and handles controlled substances in accordance with the department’s policies and state and federal laws.
- Restocks dispensing machines accurately, timely, and in accordance with the department’s policies.
- Prepares sterile products using aseptic technique and documents processes in compliance with the department’s policies and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of total parenteral nutrition (TPN) solutions.
- Prepares cytotoxic agents in compliance with the department’s safety procedures.
- Handles hazardous materials in compliance with the department’s safety procedures.
- Enters charges and all credits accurately into the pharmacy computer system.
- Assists in orienting and training technicians as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current PTCB certification required or eligible to successfully complete within 6 months of hire.
- Virginia Board of Pharmacy technician registration.
- Previous work experience (minimum of 1 year) at a pharmacy in appropriate settings is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Strong mathematical skills required.
- Ability to work with computers.
- Ability to work in a versatile environment and manage multi-task demands.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine