Pharmacy Intern-PRN (Temporary)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 4Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4287
Job Department: 2004401 MWH-Pharmacy
Job Posted Date: Jul 19, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Pharmacy Intern is a pharmacy student or unlicensed pharmacy school graduate acquiring the skills required to become a Pharmacist. The Pharmacy Intern will gain experience under direct supervision in drug distribution and clinical services to patients in a safe, responsible manner, and according to professional standards and practice.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assists in preparing medications and prescriptions to be dispensed according to physicians’ orders under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist:
- a. Accurately enters medication orders into the pharmacy computer system
- b. Prepares IV admixture, TPN, and chemotherapy
- c. Advises physicians and patients regarding proper usage/dosage of prescribed medications
- Completes projects as assigned and provides updates/education to staff about project status or completion.
- Operates the unit dose delivery system under the direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
- Operates machinery and handles medications in accordance with department policies. Performs duties in a manner that is safe, professional, and compliant with state/federal laws and regulations, organizational policies & procedures, and other applicable regulatory regulations.
- Provides drug information as requested.
- Responds to telephone requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled student or graduate of an ACPE accredited school of Pharmacy required.
- Current Virginia Pharmacy Intern license required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.