PET/CT Technologist-PRN (NEW PRN FLAT RATE)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 4Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3757
Job Department: 4054302 MIF-Radiology-Diagnostic
Job Posted Date: Jun 08, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to prepare patients and radiopharmaceuticals and to perform routine PET/CT procedures in accordance with physicians’ orders and the procedure manual. The PET/CT Technologist produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with appropriate comparison studies and other exam results or pertinent patient information to the Radiologist for timely interpretation. Additionally, the PET/CT Technologist supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates. RSO duties oversee operating, safety, emergency and ALARA procedures in the context of radiation safety, and to review such at least annually to ensure that the procedures are current and conform to applicable Nuclear Regulatory Commission Regulations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for PET/CT examinations by confirming physicians’ orders, verifying patients’ identities, and obtaining adequate medical histories to ensure the appropriateness of examinations and facilitate timely accurate diagnosis of the patient.
- Performs PET/CT examinations/procedures on all patient age groups and maintains clinical competency as evidenced by completion of an annual Competency Based Orientation Tool for Clinical Associates in PET/CT.
- Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care.
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of PET/CT services/activities.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors by requiring and supporting the establishment, maintenance, and education of an effective safety management program.
- Disposes of sharps and contaminated supplies/materials in a manner consistent with infection control and nuclear regulatory standards.
- Adheres to radiation safety practices for patients, personnel, and self including principles of time, distance, and shielding where possible.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of radiopharmaceuticals administered, received, or disposed of on a daily basis.
- Performs quality control on nuclear medicine/hot lab equipment as required and daily radiation surveys of hot lab/exam rooms to ensure safety and quality of services provided.
- Effectively interacts with students, consistently providing supervision and instruction.
- Is supportive of the MWHC School of Radiologic Technology and the MWHC School of Radiologic Technology cross-training program.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data in order to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely accurate billing for services.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities for the PET/CT Section utilizing the FOCUS PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement.
- Maintains authority to administer radiopharmaceuticals/contrast agents and follows established guidelines for the appropriate selection/administration of all radiopharmaceuticals/agents used.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- ARRT (N) registered or NMTCB registered.
- Must be VA State licensed at time of hire.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Three years relevant experience preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.