Patient Safety Attendant (Sitter) - PRN - Flat Rate $13
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 12Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-446
Job Department: 2001025 MWH-Staffing Office
Job Posted Date: Oct 14, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Under the direction of the RN this position will perform companionship duties for hospitalized patients to ensure patient safety. This position is responsible for staying with a patient for the duration of their assignment. The position will promote positive relationships with patient/family and hospital staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Continuously observe the patient’s activity and behavior to ensure a safe and comfortable environment.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the RN and report changes in patient condition, problems, concerns and/or visual observations. This includes patient behaviors that could result in harm to self or others.
- Obtain vital signs and communicate findings to RN, as requested.
- Assist patients with hygiene needs as appropriate.
- Assist the RN/CNA with linen changes and repositioning the patient.
- Support the RN with the accurate measurement and reporting of intake.
- Assist the patient with nourishment/meals.
- Maintain patient environment in a safe and orderly manner.
- Accompany patients to medical procedures and tests. Maintain observation of the patient during the procedures and tests.
- Ensure coverage by the RN or designee prior to leaving patient unattended.
- Document duties performed in the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to speak, read, and understand written orders
- Ability to write reports in English.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.