Patient Safety Attendant
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient ServicesApply
Job Requisition Number: R-5752
Job Department: 2001025 MWH-Staffing Office
Job Posted Date: Nov 17, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Under the direction of the RN this position will perform companionship duties for hospitalized patients to ensure patient safety. This position is responsible for staying with a patient for the duration of their assignment. The position will promote positive relationships with patient/family and hospital staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Continuously observe the patient’s activity and behavior to ensure a safe and comfortable environment.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the RN and report changes in patient condition, problems, concerns and/or visual observations. This includes patient behaviors that could result in harm to self or others.
- Obtain vital signs and communicate findings to RN, as requested.
- Assist patients with hygiene needs as appropriate.
- Assist the RN/CNA with linen changes and repositioning the patient.
- Support the RN with the accurate measurement and reporting of intake.
- Assist the patient with nourishment/meals.
- Maintain patient environment in a safe and orderly manner.
- Accompany patients to medical procedures and tests. Maintain observation of the patient during the procedures and tests.
- Ensure coverage by the RN or designee prior to leaving patient unattended.
- Document duties performed in the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to speak, read, and understand written orders
- Ability to write reports in English.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine