Patient Experience Data Analyst
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3453
Job Department: 1007420 MWHC-Service Excellence
Job Posted Date: Jun 04, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Patient Experience (PE) Data Analyst will serve as the subject matter expert for patient experience data analytics (both qualitative and quantitative) across the Mary Washington Healthcare system. This includes working with leadership in the overall design and development of PE analytical strategies, tools, models, and dashboards; as well as providing recommendations and actionable insights derived from the data analysis.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, manages, maintains, and analyzes patient experience measurement data, data systems, dashboards, and tools in collaboration with leadership.
- Develops, implements, and maintains PE analytical models, tools, reports, and dashboards. This includes maintenance of data to support PE analytics and ensure accuracy and consistency of key data sets, reports, and metrics to the organization. Performs regular audits to ensure data integrity.
- Develops, implements, and maintains tools or applications for accessing, interpreting, and analyzing data, providing value added analysis for actionable insights for informed decision making and performance improvement.
- Develops, tests, and deploys predictive models that identify trends, patterns, and areas of risk and opportunity that aid in projections and forecasting of PE data.
- Leads data analysis and discovery to identify trends and correlations to uncover insights. Recommends information that should be analyzed based on key performance indicators.
- Produces and delivers standard and customized PE reports and dashboard requests based on organizational need. Prepares regular and special reports regarding organizational performance. Engages end users to determine requirements for data, reports, and analyses.
- Conducts gap analyses on PE data quality, reports, and processes to foster data driven recommendations for solutions.
- Translates and communicates insights to key stakeholders through effective storytelling and data visualization including graphical displays, dashboards and presentations.
- Provides coaching and training on data retrieval, analysis and usage.
- Remains current on industry trends and Pay for Performance program requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in data engineering, statistics, business administration, data science, health administration, public health, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of data visualization experience – managing large data sets, using quantitative and qualitative analysis to draw meaningful and valid insights, surveying methodology.
- Experience querying data, data interpretation and report generation using modern analytics tools (i.e. Power BI, Qualtrics, etc.).
- Experience with translating and communicating insights to key stakeholders.
- Superior ability to conceptualize, implement, and evaluate data solutions as part performance improvement.
- Understanding of interdependencies between various systems and downstream impact.
- Master’s degree in data engineering, statistics, business administration, data science, health administration, public health, or related field preferred.
- Familiarity with writing complex Queries for analysis (i.e. SQL, R and Python).
- Familiarity with CAHPS and Pay for Performance Programs
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine