Patient Experience Coach
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-2063
Job Department: 1007420 MWHC-Service Excellence
Job Posted Date: Jan 25, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Patient Experience Coach will provide coaching, education, and training in support of Patient Experience (PE) efforts throughout Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC); ensuring the organization meets or exceeds the Outstanding Health Experience strategic goals related to PE. This position will work in partnership with PE and MWHC leadership and Associates, taking a pre-emptive approach to support, identify, plan, design, and implement improvement strategies; providing recommendations for best and evidenced based practices. Additionally, the position will be responsible for facilitating training and education, monitoring and reinforcing best practices and agreed upon behaviors and processes to enhance the MWHC PE performance.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Leads and assists departmental leadership in developing strategic action plans for performance improvement.
- Facilitates needs assessment and coordinates project management using LEAN principles for planning, implementation, evaluation, and communicating progress.
- Observes workflows and processes and provides recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Coaches/trains clinical and non-clinical leaders and frontline Associates on patient experience best practices and service recovery practices.
- Rounds with Associates to evaluate competency of hard wiring behaviors and receptiveness to practice changes.
- Serves as a coaching resource, facilitating and supporting the deployment of processes, behaviors, and initiatives to achieve the best patient experience.
- Engages patients and families via rounding to assess their experience.
- Supports leaders in assessing performance, developing, and deploying plans of action necessary to support the organizational goals.
- Partners with leaders to understand, gather, and deliver coaching needs; providing recommendations based on analysis.
- Analyzes patient experience related data and patient feedback from a variety of sources (i.e. CAHPS surveys, comments, focus groups, complaints and grievances, observations, rounding, etc.) to track and monitor performance and provide proactive coaching and consultation to department/unit leaders (administration, nursing, and physician) and frontline Associates.
- Conducts data analysis and discovery to identify trends and correlations to uncover insights.
- Produces and delivers standard and customized monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc PE reports, dashboards and requests based on business need.
- Establishes, monitors, and implements mechanisms that measure the impact of PE programs.
- Translates and communicates insights to key stakeholders through effective storytelling and data visualization including graphical displays, dashboards and presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, business administration, health administration, or public health required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years related experience preferred.
- Experience with conceptualizing, implementing, and evaluating solutions for process improvement required.
- Experience with data interpretation and report generation required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with change management and process improvement methods required.
- Familiarity with LEAN, healthcare related customer service/patient experience methods and survey methodology preferred.
- Knowledge of CAHPS and Press Ganey survey methods preferred.
- Experience with project management and organizational development.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to interface well at various levels within an organization.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.