Order Organizer various PRN
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 4Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3628
Job Department: 2001002 MWH Patient Flow
Job Posted Date: Aug 12, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Order Organizer (O2) is responsible for coordinating organization-wide prioritization and scheduling of designated diagnostic, procedural and therapeutic services. This position serves as the service coordinator in the Hub which provides 24/7 central coordination of patient placement and flow, transfers, transportation, and service area testing and procedures for the healthcare system. The O2 works collaboratively with the Hub Clinical Care Coordinator (C3), Unit C3s and service departments to manage and prioritize service area requests for hospitalized and emergency department patients. The O2 is responsible for using clinical and operational knowledge in assessing, prioritizing, and coordinating multiple tests to ensure optimal patient flow and to reduce discharge delays.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prioritizes and schedules system-wide diagnostics, procedural and therapeutic services for in-house patients.
- Collaborates with Unit C3s, Nursing, Service Departments and/or Central Scheduling for patient information when needed to schedule services
- Prioritizes services for anticipated discharges to ensure timely progression and discharge.
- Assists Unit C3s, Nursing, and Service Departments to address service event barriers to patient progression; escalates issues as appropriate.
- Collaborates with Nursing and Service Departments to balance the patient’s itinerary and optimize both efficiency and timely patient service.
- Creates transport requests to pull patients to service departments; adjusts transport requests to ensure on-time service delivery.
- Constructs optimal schedule for patients with multiple service requests (i.e., complex patients); prioritizes key tests to avoid patient progression delays.
- Reassesses prioritization of patients with changing conditions to identify if scheduling revisions are needed.
- Manages service department order queue; coordinates service requests among both inpatient and outpatient schedules.
- Communicates with Unit C3 and Nursing to ensure patient preparedness (i.e., Pre-Procedural Requirements)
- Participates in daily Performance & Order Prioritization (POP) Huddles; anticipates and addresses potential testing delays.
- Remains current on service departments’ specific service management policies and preferences.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum experience: 3 years in acute care clinical setting.
- Knowledge of and experience in acute care clinical operations.
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with clinical Associates across departments.
- Ability to use critical thinking and independent problem-solving skills to address complex situations.
- Proficiency with basic computer systems (i.e., Microsoft Office products).
- Ability to determine appropriate sequencing of multiple diagnostic tests in various service areas.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple activities while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Associate's Degree
- Strong preference given to experienced radiology or cardiology technologist/technician or candidate with strong clinical judgment skills and differential knowledge of diagnostic, procedural and therapeutic areas within the acute care setting.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine