OR Posting Coordinator
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 20Apply
Position Shift: Evening Shift (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5323
Job Department: 2004001 MWH-Operating Room
Job Posted Date: Sep 21, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for accurately performing the Mary Washington Healthcare Surgical Services (Operating Room, Anesthesia and Endoscopy Departments) scheduling functions for scheduling patients for surgical procedures. This includes but is not limited to answering multiple telephone lines, maintaining records, monitoring workflow and routing scheduling calls to appropriate modalities. This position serves as the contact person with physician’s offices and obtains the established list of required data elements from the physician or physician’s office staff when scheduling the surgery or procedure. After the patient’s surgical encounter, this position is responsible to accurately log all surgical case information to include all billable supplies and implants. This also includes generating all Peri-operative (Same Day Surgery, Operating Room, PACU) Anesthesia and Endoscopy charges to the patient’s account. This position is then required to validate all charges following transmission for accuracy. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality customer service to patients, physicians, physician office staff and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Schedules with accuracy routine, add-on and emergency procedures for physicians and their office staff; and prepares the daily schedule according to policy of the Operating Room and Endoscopy Departments for Mary Washington Hospital and Stafford Hospital.
- Schedules all surgical cases, obtaining required data elements, to include equipment and instrumentation. Collects Diagnosis information and CPT codes from physician’s offices as provided at time of scheduling to aid in insurance verification by Centralized scheduling department.
- Refers problems in scheduling cases to Specialty Coordinator, Resource Team, then to Administrative Manager as needed. Refers emergency or add-on booking to the Specialty Coordinator. Prepares daily schedule for on-line viewing in Dashboard as well as copies for distribution.
- Promotes positive relationships and a commitment of quality customer service to patients, physicians, physician office staff, co-workers and ancillary department staff.
- Operating Room Main Control Desk Duties:
- Greets and directs physicians, hospital staff and visitors in a courteous and professional manner; as evidenced by observation and verifiable feedback. Always communicates via telephone in a pleasant, courteous and helpful manner; as evidenced by observation and verifiable feedback.
- Assists the Specialty Coordinator in daily operation of the OR schedule by verbal and written communication.
- Rearranges the schedule as directed and notifies appropriate persons with 100% accuracy. Notifies nursing unit staff and/or SDS to give medications as directed with 100% accuracy.
- Requests orderlies to transport patients as directed with 100% accuracy.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of occupants of each surgical room in order to properly relay information.
- Receives and relays patient information to appropriate person in a timely manner with 100% accuracy.
- Responds to requests from nursing staff in a timely manner. Maintains message board throughout the shift for those messages that cannot be relayed.
- Expedites services from other departments; e.g.: Radiology or Laboratory, so that such services are provided without delaying surgical procedure. Surgical Services Business Office Duties: Enters patient charges for Mary Washington Hospital and Stafford Hospital Surgical Services and Anesthesia Services in CPM and/or Soarian with accuracy, identifying and eliminating any miscellaneous charges not currently set up on the ORS CDM.
- Reconciles actual charges for Mary Washington Hospital and Stafford Hospital Surgical Services and Anesthesia Services to actual cases from Soarian Financial system, making adjustments/corrections as needed.
- Enters Bill Only Information from Vendor Documentation into the Lawson Web Requisition Center program for generation of purchase orders for Department as designated.
- Orders, stores and maintains office supplies.
- Enters statistical information regarding minutes and procedures into the computer daily with accuracy; as evidenced by observation and verifiable feedback. Maintains the CPM Case Reconciliation work list for up to date documentation for CPM Delta Validation. Compiles data for necessary reports as requested
- Provides new Associate orientation. Monitors new Associate scheduling of cases, charge entry and assists to ensure 95% accuracy during the orientation period.
- Answers multi-line telephone system.
- Reconciles scheduled cases to actual cases.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated computer experience.
- Medical Terminology experience preferred
- Patient scheduling, registration or call center experience preferred.
- Strong verbal skills required
- Ability to prioritize and perform work in an organized, efficient and effective manner.
- Must be able to multi task and record all surgical information that lays the groundwork for the fiscal efforts of Surgical Services.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine