City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4168
Job Department: 4654630 MWEC-Massaponax
Job Posted Date: Jul 07, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Performs a variety of duties assisting the patients with eyeglasses, frames, etc.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Guide and oversee the daily work of the Optical Specialist.
- Fit and dispense eyeglasses for patients based upon prescriptions written by ophthalmologists or optometrists.
- Assist customers with selecting eyeglass frames and then measure their face so that the correct size frames can be ordered.
- Assist customers with selecting the appropriate lenses for their prescription and lifestyle needs, explaining all options and upgrades, then measures the distance between the pupils of their eyes so that the prescription can be correctly ground into the lenses and fitted into the frames
- Design, measure, fit, and adapt lenses for patient according to written optical prescription.
- Prepare work order for optical laboratory containing instructions for grinding and mounting lenses in frames.
- Files insurance claims for optical orders following completion of the optical sale.
- Insert cut lenses into frames.
- Verify completed prescription eyewear returning from off-site lab prior to dispensing so that product can be checked for accuracy and quality workmanship.
- Adjust frame and lens position to fit patient.
- Maintain, adjust and monitor frame inventory by working directly with frame representatives on a routine basis.
- Meet with frame representatives on a quarterly basis to maintain current, up-to-date styles in the inventory and adjust product levels as needed.
- Approve and code all optical related invoices for accounting purposes.
- Maintain filing system for all optical related invoices. Statements and invoices should be bound/ kept together for quick reference.
- File optical cards and maintain any other record/ bookkeeping needs including but not limited to invoices.
- Cross-train Mary Washington Eye Care Center Associates in the optical department so they can perform duties necessary to service patients purchasing new eyewear as needed to help opticians.
- Registers patients in the Practice Management Information System (PMIS), obtaining and/or verifying all relevant demographic and insurance information to ensure the timely and accurate processing of claims.
- Reviews electronic eligibility verification responses to ensure insurance coverage is in effect for all insured patients.
- Answers all incoming phone calls. When appropriate, takes messages and delivers/communicates in a timely manner. Triages calls to ensure timely and appropriate response. Checks voicemail messages throughout the day.
- Processes patients using computer-based scheduling system for appointments, surgeries, procedures and/or testing as appropriate for patient care.
- Schedules follow up appointments, diagnostic testing and other services for patients as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Virginia License of Opticianry required with minimum two years experience working in an optical shop and experience with optical sales.
- Strong computer software skills, insurance plans and processing a plus.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.