City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-2358
Job Department: 4654630 MWEC-Massaponax
Job Posted Date: Feb 11, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Board-certified Ophthalmologist with excellent clinical and surgical skills who is fellowship trained in treating patients with glaucoma. Responsible for comprehensive eye care with a focus on handling more complex surgical services.
- Manage neuro, rheumatological, and trauma related eye conditions.
- Participate in hospital calls with 2 other ophthalmologists
- Perform examinations to determine the overall health of the patients’ eyes looking for issues like macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataracts, or other ocular conditions that impaired vision.
- Make a diagnosis and determine a treatment plan with the goal of correcting the issue.
- If a patient’s diagnosis requires surgery, perform the necessary surgical procedure.
- Prescribe ophthalmologic treatments or therapies such as chemotherapy, cryotherapy, and low vision therapy.
- Diagnose or treat injuries, disorders, or diseases of the eye and eye structures including the cornea, sclera, conjunctiva, retinal, or eyelids.
- Also, handle some general ophthalmology with routine eye exam/vision plan
- Medical Degree
- Residency Program
- Fellowship trained in Glaucoma
- Virginia State Medical License
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.