City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-2358
Job Department: 4654630 MWEC-Massaponax
Job Posted Date: Feb 11, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Board-certified Ophthalmologist with excellent clinical and surgical skills who is fellowship trained in treating patients with glaucoma. Responsible for comprehensive eye care with a focus on handling more complex surgical services.
- Manage neuro, rheumatological, and trauma related eye conditions.
- Participate in hospital calls with 2 other ophthalmologists
- Perform examinations to determine the overall health of the patients’ eyes looking for issues like macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataracts, or other ocular conditions that impaired vision.
- Make a diagnosis and determine a treatment plan with the goal of correcting the issue.
- If a patient’s diagnosis requires surgery, perform the necessary surgical procedure.
- Prescribe ophthalmologic treatments or therapies such as chemotherapy, cryotherapy, and low vision therapy.
- Diagnose or treat injuries, disorders, or diseases of the eye and eye structures including the cornea, sclera, conjunctiva, retinal, or eyelids.
- Also, handle some general ophthalmology with routine eye exam/vision plan
- Medical Degree
- Residency Program
- Fellowship trained in Glaucoma
- Virginia State Medical License
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine