Operations Specialist (Imaging)-Full Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4966
Job Department: 4059901 MIF-Corporate
Job Posted Date: Aug 25, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Operations Specialist collaborates with Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg, LLC (MIF, LLC) leadership in maintaining the highest value of clinical/operational performance and customer satisfaction in outpatient imaging services. The incumbent of this position is responsible for leadership and operational coordination, as well as compliance, in accordance with organizational and facility philosophy and goals. The incumbent will support the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of MIF, LLC and their partners and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Evaluates MIF, LLC’s quality and value; develops and recommends initiatives for improvement. Develops performance metrics; measures and uses comparative data to recommend and implement changes.
- Develops, maintains and reports facility quality indicators.
- Oversees patient and associate satisfaction initiatives. Creates and develops patient satisfaction surveys; provides analysis of results and recommendations to leadership.
- Serves as a back-up to MIF, LLC Facility Managers. Oversees all ACR Accreditation requirements to ensure ACR unannounced surveys are complete and up to date.
- Coordinates and ensures that all Emergency Operations Manuals are updated regularly and are consistent facility wide.
- Coordinates and serves as a lead resource for special projects (i.e. Medallion awards, Presidents awards, third party award applications, etc.).
- Collaborates with Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC) Human Resources in the selection, retention, competency assessment, performance development and termination of Associates. Collaborates with MWHC Human Resources on staffing and recruitment plans for difficult-to-fill positions, and in the modification and creation of job descriptions.
- Participates in the negotiation and monitoring of contracts with equipment vendors for capital purchases, equipment leases and equipment maintenance/service agreements. Ensures that the contract matrix is maintained and identifies upcoming terminations/changes to payments.
- Participates in the capital purchase process; obtains quotes, prepares business plans for capital requests, processes invoices through MWHC established processes, determines VMI portion of the expense, and coordinates purchase arrival to the specific site. Collaborates with facility managers in the development and implementation of equipment related policies.
- Assures that Facility and Modality policies, procedures and standards are consistent through-out the company to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Co-chairs the MWHC Imaging Services Information Steering Committee meetings; creates the meeting agenda, takes minutes, and works with the MIF leadership to ensure MIF, LLC IT related issues are being addressed and implemented in a timely manner.
- Monitors new Associate orientation program by working with facility managers with to review initial orientation, competency, and satisfaction.
- Provides support to the leadership in developing and managing the capital and operating budgets for MIF, LLC on an annual basis. Assists MIF, LLC leadership in selecting, procuring and implementing approved capital purchases for their areas.
- Evaluates, coordinates, and recommends new programs, technologies and operations tools that meet the needs for organizational and centralized departmental growth and community goals.
- Assists the Clinical Director and Facility Managers in maintaining compliance with all regulatory and accreditation agencies. Provides information and education concerning the Corporate Compliance Program of MWHC and Radiologic Associates of Fredericksburg to Radiology Supervisors and Associates and ensures requirements of the Program are met.
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of imaging services and activities, organizational management, and technological performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Four years of imaging experience required.
- Two years of experience in the development and execution of quality/performance improvement initiatives required.
- Two years of experience with regulatory and accreditation compliance required.
- Registered by the ARRT or by an appropriate credentialing agency such as the RDMS or CNMT required. CRA preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine