Operations Manager, Medical Imaging
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-2014
Job Department: 4054302 MIF-Radiology-Diagnostic
Job Posted Date: Jan 20, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The MIF Operations Manager manages the day-to-day operations at the Medical Imaging at King George facility and assists with managing the other facilities within Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg, LLC (MIF), to ensure effective diagnosis and treatment of disease in an environment that is cost-effective and value-driven. The Operations Manager participates in leadership and direction in accordance with organizational and MIF, LLC philosophy and goals. The Operations Manager assists MIF, LLC leadership in maintaining the highest degree of clinical/operational performance and customer satisfaction in outpatient imaging.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manages day-to-day facility operations to ensure the efficient and effective performance of high-quality diagnostic and therapeutic services, reception, and file room services, and other services as required.
- Participates in the employment function for all clinical and support staff positions; selection, retention, orientation, training, competency assessment, performance development and termination of Associates as needed.
- Serves as a resource to MIF Managers and Facility Supervisors regarding staffing issues and the scheduling of human and materiel resources.
- Ensures staff and patient scheduling is adequate to meet the needs of the customers and community.
- Supports leadership with new technology evaluation and implementation.
- Oversees installation, applications training process and acceptance testing of new technology.
- Assists with the coordination and implementation of new services and programs.
- Collaborates with leadership, Facility Managers, Supervisors, and Leads on workflow process improvement projects.
- Works with Front Desk Supervisor to ensure patient registration and patient co-pays and deductible collections meet the facility goals.
- Prepares and presents clinical and administrative reports to accurately reflect facility operations and processes.
- Serves as a liaison to MIF staff, radiologists, the medical staff, other health care providers, facilities, consultants, vendors, and customers.
- Facilitates communication between Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg, its Associates, Radiologists and the referring Physicians for Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg, LLC. Maintains positive and effective work relationships/communications with all healthcare team members.
- Collaborates to resolve conflicts and to continuously improve services and increase efficiencies between modalities within MIF.
- Assists leadership and Facility Managers in developing and managing the capital and operating budgets for the facility on an annual basis that optimizes gross margins while providing quality diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Monitors operations/expenses in all areas of the facility on an ongoing basis to ensure adherence to the budget. Collaborates with other departments (Supply Chain, financial services) to manage supplies and costs.
- Monitors the facility’s safety and infection control plans, radiation safety programs and ongoing performance improvement activities including participation in root cause analysis.
- Evaluates and resolves quality/performance issues in a timely manner.
- Assists Facility Managers in maintaining compliance with all regulatory and accreditation agencies for the Facility including ACR, OSHA, Virginia Department of Health, FDA and others when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Radiologic Sciences or related field preferred.
- Registered in Radiologic Technology by the ARRT or an appropriate credentialing agency such as the RDMS (Ultrasound) or CNMT (Nuclear Medicine) required.
- VA State Radiologic Technologist license required if Diagnostic or CT Technologist.
- Minimum of two years diagnostic, imaging, radiology, or related experience required.
- Minimum of one year relevant supervisory or leadership experience required.
- Competency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.