Office Manager- Gen. Surgery Lee's Hill
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4916
Job Department: 4906205 MWMG-General Surgery-Lee's Hill
Job Posted Date: Sep 22, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of assigned physician practice. Responsible for the administration and application of all Mary Washington Healthcare policies, procedures and protocols.
The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day operations of assigned offices.
- Ensures smooth and efficient patient flow, minimizing patient wait times and maximizing patient satisfaction.
- Ensures appointments are scheduled according to defined protocols.
- Works with physicians of assigned practice to ensure practice operations support optimization of physician/provider productivity.
- Implements and monitors compliance with clinical and administrative policies and procedures developed by practice and health system leadership.
- Ensures medical records are maintained in an organized, up to date, and confidential manner.
- Coordinate purchasing of supplies and equipment, working within established budgetary guidelines and obtaining required approval for expenditures as appropriate.
- Conducts routine staff meetings to address operational issues and facilitate teamwork.
- Ensures all associates working within assigned practice provide excellent customer service, interacting with all patients, their families, members of the medical staff and other customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensures all phone calls are answered and triaged according to defined protocols, and handled in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Receives and addresses patient concerns; identifies areas of corrective action and implements changes as necessary.
- Ensures all revenue cycle functions performed within the assigned practice are performed accurately and consistently. This includes:
- Collection of patient copayments, deductibles, and other point-of-service payments
- Financial counseling for uninsured and underinsured
- Precertification of services
- Collection, reconciliation and timely transmission of cash receipts
- Collection, reconciliation and timely transmission of patient encounter forms/charge tickets.
- Partners with Practice Management to monitor budget performance and meet budget defined budgetary targets.
- Serves as role model for staff as it relates to professionalism and customer service.
- Promotes and supports the development and maintenance of positive morale throughout assigned office.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of teamwork throughout the assigned practice.
- Sets goals and performance expectations for subordinate associates. Provides feedback to associates regarding performance. Counsels and documents performance deficiencies as appropriate. Partners with practice management and human resources to manage out consistent underperformers.
- Establishes staff work schedules to ensure office is adequately and appropriately staffed to optimize office efficiency and patient flow while appropriately controlling labor expense and minimizing overtime.
- Leads the recruitment and interview process for subordinate associates.
- Ensures all subordinate associates are adequately oriented and trained. Establishes a departmental orientation process for all new hires. Seeks outside resources to support training as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or experiential equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Any candidate without a degree must possess a minimum of 2 years of successful management experience in a healthcare setting.
- If an incumbent holds a VA RN license, VA LPN license or MA certification, they are required to maintain this license/certification and function in the appropriate direct patient care role, as needed.
- If an incumbent is functioning in a direct patient care role, they are required to have AHA Basic Life Support Provider CPR certification at hire.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Ability to creatively solve problems
- Understanding of medical billing and reimbursement processes strongly preferred
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine