City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-1094
Job Department: 4906024 MWMG-Primary Care-Rappahannock
Job Posted Date: Nov 18, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to perform a variety of office coordination, customer service and revenue cycle functions that will ensure the efficient day-to-day operations. The position plays a key role in the practice’s front-end revenue cycle processes and is in a position to significantly impact the patient experience. The position requires an unwavering focus on patient satisfaction as well as the ability to multi-task. The incumbent will also support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Interfaces with patients, family members, physicians, visitors, and other guests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Registers patients in the Practice Management Information System (PMIS), obtaining and/or verifying all relevant demographic and insurance information to ensure the timely and accurate processing of claims. Reviews electronic eligibility verification responses to ensure insurance coverage is in effect for all insured patients.
- Presents patients with appropriate paperwork based upon appointment type and registration status.
- Monitors the reception area and keeps patients, family members, visitors and Associates, at all times, informed of schedule adjustments.
- Maintains a neat and orderly waiting area.
- Courteously answers all incoming phone calls. When appropriate, takes messages and delivers/communicates in a timely manner. Triages calls to ensure timely and appropriate response. Checks voicemail messages consistently throughout the day.
- Processes patients quickly and accurately through computer-based scheduling system for appointments, surgeries, procedures and/or testing as appropriate for patient care.
- Ensures security and accuracy of patient files, payments and databases.
- Communicates with physicians’ offices and staff in a timely and professional manner. Initiates, monitors and responds to tasks through the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Patient Portal.
- Reviews patient accounts for outstanding balances. Collects co-payments, deductibles and outstanding patient balances at the time of service. Posts payments in PMIS. Reconciles records and receipts with payments collected at the end of each shift.
- Responds to request for information from centralized billing office (CBO) to ensure timely and accurate submission of claims.
- Schedules follow up appointments, diagnostic testing and other services for patients as required.
- Ensures all services are authorized and necessary referrals are active as required.
- Supports organization’s participation in government incentive programs such as EHR Meaningful Use, Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) and other programs by collecting and recording required data and providing appropriate communication to patients.
- May assist with the entry and processing of physician billing, including entry and/or reconciliation of inpatient, outpatient, and surgical charges.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one year medical office experience required. Multi-specialty office experience preferred.
- Experience in a customer service setting required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs preferred.
- Clinical background/experience preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.