Office Coordinator, Associate Wellness. FT
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5444
Job Department: 1007360 MWHC-Associate Wellness
Job Posted Date: Sep 22, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for the day to day operation of the front office of the MWHC Health & Wellness Department functions including providing outstanding customer service, scheduling, data entry, report generation, proper and confidential maintenance of the health records of clients and monthly notification of managers and Associates of needed tests and vaccines
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Answers the phone promptly and manages both phone lines as needed.
- Schedules client appointments, giving all the necessary information to prepare the client for the visit.
- Maintains the client's electronic charts in an organized, confidential manner.
- Maintains an accurate daily visit log.
- Conducts initial basic triage of injured clients, reporting findings to the registered nurse.
- Maintains adequate supply of forms.
- Maintains office supplies at an adequate level to provide quality care, within budget.
- Prepares monthly reminder letters to Associates regarding needed tests, vaccines, etc.
- Enters all necessary information into the clients' Associate Health computer database daily.
- Makes appointments as needed for injured Associates.
- Takes minutes of monthly staff meeting.
- Processes billing for services provided in an accurate and timely manner, verifies invoices.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate, required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, database entry and typing 40wpm or more, required
- Previous Office management experience preferred
- One to two years of experience in a physician's office preferred
- Demonstrates a visible healthy lifestyle which would encourage other Associates.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine