Office Assistant, Patient Financial
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4521
Job Department: 1007042 MWHC-Collection Services
Job Posted Date: Sep 13, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to perform clerical and administrative support duties related to the effective operation of the department. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to patients, co-workers, and physicians.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Interfaces courteously and effectively with all department customers to give assistance, answer questions and facilitate departmental operations. Must present a positive departmental image.
- Performs routine clerical duties in a timely, effective manner.
- Cross-trains and supports other clerical and administrative positions to provide additional coverage, support, or relief for those positions as needed.
- Monitors and maintains levels of office supplies as requested by the department.
- Transcribes and prepares departmental correspondence and reports using a variety of computer programs to facilitate communication of information.
- Picks up and delivers mail and other items throughout the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties for Office Assistant – Patient Financial Navigation :
- Welcomes all patients, visitors, family members, physicians, and Associates in a courteous and professional manner. Addresses customers’ needs efficiently, effectively, and confidentially. Provides customer service and supports the facility customer service goals.
- Manages incoming new placements within the collections department. Validate import of data and reports discrepancies to leader.
- Codes accounts to ensure notification of correspondence and allocation to appropriate resource.
- Posts payments and adjustments within database according to departmental policies. Reconciles and prepares payment posting reports and deposits with departments and/or vendors. Provides reporting of collections to Leadership.
- Researches and resolves unapplied payments, identifies credit balances, and ensure payments are posted correctly. Identifies obstacles and issues to payment processing.
- Prepares and executes General District and Circuit Court releases. Utilizes judicial court websites and databases to ensure accuracy of records.
- Provides Notary services to Mary Washington Healthcare. Ensures Notary certificate is current and maintains documentation of records.
- High school Graduate or equivalent required
- Proficient interpersonal, writing and other communication skills necessary.
- Typing speed 40+ words per minute.
- Efficient working knowledge and experience with word processing required.
- Knowledge of automated systems and data reporting applications including WorkDay and other Microsoft applications preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine