Office Assistant - Home Health, FT, Day
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3108
Job Department: 2001601 MWH-Home Health-Admin
Job Posted Date: May 03, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to perform clerical and administrative support duties related to the effective operation of the department. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to patients, co-workers, and physicians.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Interfaces courteously and effectively with all department customers to give assistance, answer questions and facilitate departmental operations. Must present a positive departmental image.
- Performs routine clerical duties in a timely, effective manner.
- Cross-trains and supports other clerical and administrative positions to provide additional coverage, support, or relief for those positions as needed.
- Monitors and maintains levels of office supplies as requested by the department.
- Transcribes and prepares departmental correspondence and reports using a variety of computer programs to facilitate communication of information.
- Picks up and delivers mail and other items throughout the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties for Office Assistant – Mary Washington Home Health:
- Receives and directs calls from patients, family members, physicians, Associates and vendors to team members; must be familiar with staff schedules and assignment.
- Obtains, tracks and scans documentation from admission through discharge to include notification of discharge/death/revocation to physicians, hospitals, facilities, pharmacies, durable medical equipment vendors, etc.
- Maintains electronic database for patient information. Prepares, distributes, and files various schedules, reports, calendars, and correspondence timely.
- Coordinates DME orders for patients, ensuring accuracy, customer service, and timely delivery; serves as liaison with vendors.
- Orders medical supplies and maintains PAR levels. Completes order requests from clinicians. Submits special orders to manager/clinical supervisor for approval.
- Communicates and works cohesively with billing/intake/review and clinical teams.
- Maintains supply of clinical record forms and prepares admission packets.
- Participates in quality and performance improvement initiatives; serves on the Patient/Family Satisfaction work group.
- Audits all discharged medical records, including electronic medical records for completeness and accuracy.
- High school Graduate or equivalent required
- Proficient interpersonal, writing and other communication skills necessary.
- Typing speed 40+ words per minute.
- Efficient working knowledge and experience with word processing required.
- Knowledge of automated systems and data reporting applications including WorkDay and other Microsoft applications preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.