Occupational Therapy Assistant
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 20Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-1066
Job Department: 2004210 MWH-Occupational Therapy
Job Posted Date: Nov 09, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to provide therapy services to patients, including treatment, program implementation, related documentation, communication with other disciplines and services, and staff supervision as agreed. Staff cares for all age groups from infants to elderly and is aware of the developmental needs over the age span and the appropriate equipment for all ages. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Administers therapy care programs or portions thereof, as planned and directed by a Licensed Occupational Therapist.
- Record and document patient treatment and progress to accurately reflect the services provided and patient performance.
- Educate patients, patient's families and staff to increase knowledge, professional development and ensure quality care.
- Keeps current knowledge on new programs and treatments and/or participate in special projects in the occupational therapy field.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy Associate Degree Program.
- Eligible member of AOTA. Virginia State license required.
- Professional competency as a general practitioner as defined by the AOTA.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.