OB Tech-FT Nights
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 36Apply
Position Shift: Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3570
Job Department: 2001420 MWH-WCCC-Labor & Delivery
Job Posted Date: Jun 02, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN), the OB Technician is responsible for providing assistance to nursing staff, performing patient care activities as delegated by a RN, and maintaining patient care supplies.
This position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintains and prepares the Operating Room for surgical procedures. Obtains and sets up sterile field with appropriate instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Performs under the direction of the physician during operative procedures to prepare the patient's abdomen, drape the sterile field, and pass instrumentation.
- Performs appropriate instrument counts with RN circulator.
- Operates stapling device at the request of, and under the direct supervision of, the physician approximating skin closure.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Follows aseptic technique when opening sterile supplies and maintains highest standard of sterile techniques during procedure.
- Prepares instruments for terminal sterilization after use. Performs patient support duties under the direction of a RN, which may include, but are not limited to: Performs venipuncture and starts IVs; Obtains vital signs, weights, and/or blood glucose; Collects, labels, and transports specimens; Assists with ambulation, toileting, and/or bathing and linen changes; Inserts foley catheter and monitors input/output; Assists with newborn screening, and provides oral feeding and diapering to babies, as appropriate
- Documents all care provided to the patient in the medical record.
- Prepares the delivery table and attends deliveries.
- Performs clerical duties which may include, but are not limited to: order entry, patient charges, registration of newborns, answering telephone, and opening the door for visitors.
- Communicates patient needs to nursing staff.
- Prepares room for circumcision, and prepares the instruments for sterilization after use.
- Orders and maintains appropriate amounts of patient care supplies for the department.
- Stocks patient rooms per established par levels.
- Assists with patient transports, as needed.
- Collaborates with the health care team by participating in the coordination of services, and contributes to the continuous Performance Improvement process.
- Maintains own Competency Notebook with current Human Resources requirements. Participates in educational programs and clinical experience to broaden individual knowledge base.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Scrub Tech training, or EMT certification required.
- BLS certification required.
- NRP certification required within 6 months of hire.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine