OB Tech-FT Nights
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 36Apply
Position Shift: Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3541
Job Department: 2001420 MWH-WCCC-Labor & Delivery
Job Posted Date: Jun 02, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN), the OB Technician is responsible for providing assistance to nursing staff, performing patient care activities as delegated by a RN, and maintaining patient care supplies.
This position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintains and prepares the Operating Room for surgical procedures. Obtains and sets up sterile field with appropriate instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Performs under the direction of the physician during operative procedures to prepare the patient's abdomen, drape the sterile field, and pass instrumentation.
- Performs appropriate instrument counts with RN circulator.
- Operates stapling device at the request of, and under the direct supervision of, the physician approximating skin closure.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Follows aseptic technique when opening sterile supplies and maintains highest standard of sterile techniques during procedure.
- Prepares instruments for terminal sterilization after use. Performs patient support duties under the direction of a RN, which may include, but are not limited to: Performs venipuncture and starts IVs; Obtains vital signs, weights, and/or blood glucose; Collects, labels, and transports specimens; Assists with ambulation, toileting, and/or bathing and linen changes; Inserts foley catheter and monitors input/output; Assists with newborn screening, and provides oral feeding and diapering to babies, as appropriate
- Documents all care provided to the patient in the medical record.
- Prepares the delivery table and attends deliveries.
- Performs clerical duties which may include, but are not limited to: order entry, patient charges, registration of newborns, answering telephone, and opening the door for visitors.
- Communicates patient needs to nursing staff.
- Prepares room for circumcision, and prepares the instruments for sterilization after use.
- Orders and maintains appropriate amounts of patient care supplies for the department.
- Stocks patient rooms per established par levels.
- Assists with patient transports, as needed.
- Collaborates with the health care team by participating in the coordination of services, and contributes to the continuous Performance Improvement process.
- Maintains own Competency Notebook with current Human Resources requirements. Participates in educational programs and clinical experience to broaden individual knowledge base.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Scrub Tech training, or EMT certification required.
- BLS certification required.
- NRP certification required within 6 months of hire.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.