Nursing Supervisor PRN (4- days 0700-1900 and 2 nights1900-0700)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 12Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3764
Job Posted Date: Jun 08, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is a link between hospital management and clinical care. The Nursing Supervisor reinforces daily operations and coordinates staffing to ensure quality care and the safety of patients on weekends and off shifts.
Will have a secondary role at other facility.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with HUB C3 and Unit Progression Leaders for outbound transfers on inpatient units
- Performs rounding with Progression Leader on each Nursing Unit to determine bed availability and capacity
- Collaborates with all departments to facilitate operations and logistics to meet patient needs
- Communicates with Progression Leader and HUB C3 to ensure patients are admitted/transferred within established guidelines and targets
- Maintains knowledge about unit’s scope of service as to type of patients, equipment, space resources, and procedures performed
- Collaborates with Administrator on Call for escalated higher-level issue(s)
- Communicates with patients and families to maintain positive patient experiences as appropriate
- Acts as a resource to Associates and Physicians in the absence of management
- Identifies and takes part in performance improvement for the unit opportunities as appropriate
- Acts as a liaison/resource for service recovery, escalation of issues/events to Regulatory Affairs and/or the Administrator on Call when Leadership or point-of-contact is not available
- Responds to all code blues in the inpatient units and code oranges (MWH) in the Emergency Dept
- Serves as materials management resource when team is not available
- Utilizes appropriate patient care resources to fulfill staffing needs, based on workload and patient to staff ratio for current and upcoming shift, considering staff skills/competencies/experience
- Partners with Hub C3 to ensure potential staffing concerns are proactively addressed
- Partners with Unit C3s/Progression Leader to address any staffing shortages or overages
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 2 years recent acute clinical experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills in solving problems and resolving conflict.
- BSN or Bachelor’s degree in health-related field required.
License and/or Certifications
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire.
- AHA ACLS Provider
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine