City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Job Requisition Number: R-1680
Job Department: 4906015 MWMG-Primary Care-Kilarney Drive
Job Posted Date: Feb 04, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Works under the direction of the Administrative Director in direct collaboration with the Medical Director of Non-Invasive Services. Coordinates and performs exercise and pharmacological stress test according to set protocols. Skills to perform accurate assessment of patient’s response to pharmacological stress testing including appropriate follow-up to physician. Duties and responsibilities are performed according to standards outlined in the competency based/evaluation tool. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality services to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with physician, demonstrates ability to counsel patients and family members about diagnosis, testing, and risk of procedures.
- Performs approved diagnostic procedures according to set protocols.
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively and communicate accurately with colleagues and referring physician.
- In collaboration with the physician, formulate individual plan of care to achieve desired outcome.
- Coordinates, assesses, interprets, communicates, and documents patient and family needs.
- Communicates with health care team to coordinate services and contributes to the continuous performance improvement process.
- Demonstrates the ability to use effective organizational/prioritizational problem solving, and decision-making abilities in practice.
- Demonstrates effective communication, customer service, and team building skills.
- Provides emergency treatment and initiates emergency life savings measures per ACLS guidelines.
- Collaborates with the Administrate Director the development of standards of care for the cardiac patient population.
- Provides direct patient care as outlined in the Registered Nurse job description.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice in Virginia or eligible.
- Virginia Nurse Practitioner license required
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required
- Masters degree in nursing required
- Five year nursing experience to include 2 years in appropriate specialty.
- 2 years ICU experience preferred.
- Successful completion of pre-placement employment evaluation.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine