Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
City/State: King George, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health); Nursing
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-5579
Job Department: 4959901 MWUC – Corporate
Job Posted Date: Oct 05, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing direct patient care to assigned patients within an urgent care setting. The Nurse Practitioner is a professional level position working under limited direction yet in coordination with an APN lead. The Physician’s Assistant will work under limited direction of the Medical Director. Typical work scenarios may require specialized knowledge, critical thinking, good judgment based upon the principles of biological, physiological, behavioral, and sociological sciences skills, as well as strong customer service skills. Internal contacts include medical staff and management throughout the clinic and health system. External contacts include patients, physicians, outside medical staff, and community resource services.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs and provides treatments for minor acute illness, patient examinations, making initial assessment, initiating treatment and referring to appropriate center of care when applicable.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information and promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care. May be required to supervise ancillary staff.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions and refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care options as appropriate.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills in coordinating services with co-workers and other departments/services. Responds to stressful situations in a calm and rational manner and cooperates with all to facilitate integration of services.
- Behaves in a professional and empathetic manner to build trust, comfort, understanding, and relationships with patients and the secondary guest(s) and in-line with Studer Principles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS in relevant field.
- Master of Science in Nursing.
- Successful completion of the American Nursing Association National Certification Test for Advanced Practice as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Minimum of two years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a family practice setting, urgent care or emergency service.
- Proficient leadership skills.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine