City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 4Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3693
Job Department: 4054302 MIF-Radiology-Diagnostic
Job Posted Date: Sep 01, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Nurse Navigator is accountable for coordinating, facilitating, monitoring, and evaluating clinically complex patient populations to ensure quality of care and cost-effective use of resources in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC) and MIF (Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg, LLC). The Nurse Navigator will work with facility management and radiologists to educate patients and promote health awareness; manage the health screening program for MIF, LLC; coordinate and assist patients with positive findings regarding their continuation of care for health scan screening program; and provide an outstanding health experience for patients through the MIF, LLC screening program.
The incumbent of this position will demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the community, and our co-workers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with facility management and radiologists to educate patients and promote health awareness. Manage health screening program for MIF, LLC to provide an outstanding health experience for patients.
- Provide results to cardiac calcium scoring patients. Manage and assist patients with positive findings regarding their continuation of care for health scan screening program (i.e. calcium scoring, lung cancer screening, ultrasound screening, advanced body composition and breast health).
- Manage patient/family/physician expectations regarding timeline and information. Coordinate and communicate activity status update regarding treatment plan as needed. Serves as the patient liaison for MIF, LLC to improve communication between the radiologist, patient, referring physician, and other healthcare providers.
- Manage patients with positive lung cancer screening cases, reviews education and answer patient questions. Serves as a community resource for all MIF, LLC patients who have imaging related questions.
- Review body composition scans.
- Assure that key regulatory requirements are met and are defined by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid, Virginia Health Quality Center (VHQC), and Joint Commission.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- A minimum of two years of experience in a clinical or women’s health setting
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required
- Experience with computer technology preferred (Windows based programs, email, Microsoft Word and keyboarding)
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine