City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 4Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3472
Job Department: 4054302 MIF-Radiology-Diagnostic
Job Posted Date: May 25, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.The Nurse Navigator coordinates the care of, and provides education to, defined patient populations to ensure evidence-based clinical care, promote patient self-management and achieve optimal clinical outcomes. This position participates in and supports process improvement initiatives to achieve evidence-based care and organizational goals. The Nurse Navigator collaborates with hospital leadership and healthcare providers across the care continuum to ensure patient and program needs are met.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Coordinates care of the inpatient to include:
- Identification of patient/family readmission risk factors and barriers to care
- Adherence to evidence-based clinical guidelines
- Resource utilization
- Development of an individualized plan of care to include appropriate referrals
- Development of a transitional/post-discharge plan of care to reduce risk of readmission
- Communication of relevant patient and plan of care information across care continuum
- Provides/reinforces disease-specific education to patients, families and caregivers to support patient self-management and achieve optimal clinical outcomes.
- Analyzes and identifies readmission trends through chart review, patient/family interview and staff engagement, and develops processes to reduce readmissions.
- Collaborates with leaders, physicians, nurses, allied health professionals and support staff across the care continuum to ensure disease-specific patient and program needs are met and facilitates improvement of outcomes.
- Develops and implements protocol and processes to support provision of evidence based care in defined patient population.
- Develops disease-specific educational material and trains Associates involved in the care of defined patient population.
- Actively participates in meetings and other care initiatives that support management of defined patient population.
- Participates in regulatory reviews, as requested, to support hospital surveys and/or disease-specific certifications.
- Maintains competency of current evidence-based clinical guidelines for care of defined patient population through avenues such as self-education, attendance of conferences and participation in local/national networks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice in the state of Virginia required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' clinical experience in the acute care setting required.
- Experience with the defined patient population required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers preferred.
- Experience with root cause analysis and process improvement methods preferred.
- Experience with designing education tools and conducting educational sessions with patients and nursing staff preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.