Nurse Coordinator-Behavioral Health (Psych)-Part Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 20Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-5646
Job Department: 2003021 SAF-Adult Day Treatment Pgm
Job Posted Date: Oct 12, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Nurse Coordinator coordinates nursing care and medical support services at the Day Treatment Program in order to ensure on-going quality patient care in accordance with hospital goals. The Case Manager coordinates patient intake and discharge and runs educational groups. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of MWHC Health System and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the interdisciplinary activities of Day Treatment team with the Program Manager in order to facilitate effective program functioning.
- Complete or ensure completion of a nursing assessment of each patient within 24 hours of admission.
- Plan and run psycho-educational groups.
- Coordinate intake and discharge activities for each patient.
- Act as a resource for patient, families and staff in matters concerning medications and medical consequences of chemical dependency.
- Serve as a liaison between other levels of care and Day Treatment.
- Maintain the professionalism and improve the profile of the Snowden Day Treatment Program.
- Seek out and participate in a variety of educational programs and clinical experiences to increase professional competency and meet personal goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or equivalent degree required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Three to five years of professional clinical experience in mental health/substance abuse nursing.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine