New Grad RN Residency - MWH Emergency Department
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 36Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-10548
Job Posted Date: Feb 01, 2023
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Level I Novice Registered Nurse is an entry-level nurse who has graduated from an accredited nursing program and does not have clinical experience as a Registered Nurse. The Level I MWHC nurse is responsible for mastering the knowledge and skills necessary for competent Level II nursing practice within one year of beginning employment at Mary Washington Healthcare.
Interested in beginning your nursing practice in our Emergency Department at Mary Washington Hospital? Apply here!!
MWH Emergency Department
The Emergency Department at Mary Washington Hospital is a busy, 50 bed Level 2 Trauma Center and Primary Stroke Center offering 24 hour Emergency Care to the Fredericksburg and surrounding communities. Come and expand your knowledge and skill set as we will give you the tools necessary to take care of a diverse patient population.
Practice Standards for a Level I Registered Nurse:
In the MWHC Practice Standards, a Level I Registered Nurse is outlined in the following areas of:
- Exemplary Professional Practice Standards
- Structural Empowerment Practice Standards
- Transformational Leadership Practice Standards
- New Knowledge, Innovations, and Improvement Practice Standards
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate nursing care, including oversight of licensed and unlicensed personnel in any assigned or delegated tasks using the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Coordinate involvement of the patient, family and health team members in patient care, including patient/family teaching and discharge planning.
- Communicate and coordinate the plan of care and other pertinent information to/from other health care team members.
- Assist Leadership to define standards of excellence for patient care; participate in improvement of patient care services.
- Participate in, contribute to and integrate performance improvement into care delivery and participate in quality improvement activities.
- Participate in daily operational activities necessary for safe patient/staff environment.
- Provide input to the Nurse Manager regarding unit needs.
- Participate in unit, departmental and hospital committees for formulation of nursing and hospital policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and has no experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of one-year nursing experience, preferred.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state.
- BSN is preferred; all Registered Nurses with an Associate's Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain their BSN within five years of hire (Effective March 2014).
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire.
- AHA ACLS Provider required within 90 days.
- AHA PALS Provider required within 90 days.
- NIHSS (Bluecloud) required within 90 days.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine