Network Engineer-Voice-FT Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-48
Job Department: 1007101 MWHC-IS Administration
Job Posted Date: Sep 28, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The IS Network Engineer performs intermediate troubleshooting, analysis and maintenance on MWHC network and voice hardware/software at multiple locations.
The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot CUCM and Unity Connection
- Experience in UCCX
- Experience with CUCM 10.x
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs intermediate troubleshooting, analysis, and maintenance on network and voice hardware/software systems.
- Creates, develops, documents, tests and modifies intermediate network voice switches and software programs for systems. Analyzes user and system specifications and incorporates this information into the programs.
- Participates in system upgrades and implementations based on analysis of user and system needs.
- Installs, configures, and tests network, wireless and voice infrastructure, obtaining customer acceptance at time of deployment.
- Maintains network cores, VoIP appliances, WAN routers, and access layer network equipment.
- Resolves incidents, identifies problems, and documents resolution in ticket management system, escalating as appropriate. Engages customer throughout the support process.
- Maintains asset inventory.
- Creates and provides training materials; trains partners as needed.
- Provides support through monitoring and direct observation to proactively maintain equipment.
- Participates in project teams, ensuring assigned tasks are completed on schedule and escalates issues appropriately.
- Documents network and voice system configuration and changes following established guidelines.
- Provides rotational on-call 24×7 support.
- Pursues professional development opportunities. Maintains knowledge of supported systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) required. CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) preferred.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Relevant industry certifications preferred.
- Detailed Knowledge of BICSI cabling standards required.
- Experience in Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Network (LAN), perimeter and telecommunications technologies required.
- Detailed knowledge or certification in network engineering, communication/network protocols, technologies and industry standards.
- Experience working on complex projects preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation) required.
- Experience translating clinical and business work flow to IT requirements required.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills required.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills required.
- Experience in the use of desktop and mobile operating system and productivity software required
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.