Network Cable Technician - Information Systems, Full Time, Day
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-6197
Job Department: 1007101 MWHC-IS Administration
Job Posted Date: Nov 11, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.The Network Cable Technician will provide support for customer concerns and issues related to network cable maintenance. The Network Cable Technician is responsible for assigned service orders, repair activities, and surveying related to cabling infrastructure.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Tests, locates, installs, and repairs cabling infrastructure associated with work orders and routine maintenance
- Installs, maintains, and repairs cable systems most often involved with network communications systems to include CAT5E, CAT6, and Fiber Optic cabling.
- Installs televisions, Cameras, Routers and network/telecom technology devices
- Installs various support structures, including cable racks, j-hooks, innerduct, and other related structures
- Identifies and removes redundant cabling.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal requirements
- Communicates and collaborates with peers and stakeholders to resolve complex issues
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications
- Surveys and advises on cable requirement for acquisitions and new locations
- Performs Other duties as assigned
- At least 2 year of telecommunication cabling experience required
- BISCI certification required within 6 months of hire
- Ability to install complex internet, television, and telecommunication equipment, required
- Must have a thorough understanding of EIA/ TIA Standards.
- Working knowledge of most widely used installation, termination and testing procedures along with the use of any associated hardware and equipment, preferred
- Fiber optic cabling experience to include termination, testing and troubleshooting, preferred.
- Industry Certifications are a plus. (i.e. CommScope, Hilti, Tyco, Panduit, etc.)
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine