MSET Registered Nurse, RN - Part Time
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 24Apply
Position Shift: Evening/Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-6651
Job Department: 2001305 MWH-CCS-Critical Care Mgmt
Job Posted Date: Jan 03, 2022
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Medical-Surgical Emergency Team (MSET) RN will support and maintain hospital clinical operations and patient care activities in collaboration with Nursing leadership and ancillary departments. Responsibilities include ensuring quality, cost effective, timely patient care and patient experience; maintaining open channels of communication with all departments and medical staff; supporting fiscal management by ensuring effective and efficient use of human resources; mentoring and coaching staff as necessary to assist in their decision-making process; and providing feedback to respective managers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supports and coordinates the Medical-Surgical Emergency Team (MSET) function within Mary Washington Healthcare. Coaches and mentors staff as they plan and coordinate patient care. Acts as a resource for nursing and medical staff.
- Responds to changes in patient clinical presentation and emergency situations (MSET calls and "Code Blue") and assists the patient and staff accordingly.
- Identifies patient care improvement opportunities, suggests plans of action, and assists with implementation and monitoring. Utilizes best practices for early identification of patients at risk for decline.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary team approach to improve patient outcomes. Develops collaborative relationships with physicians, unit leadership and staff to identify/implement opportunities to improve patient care services. Maintains open channels of communication and collaboration with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Supports quality patient care and staff satisfaction. Provides timely feedback regarding patient and nursing concerns. Provides feedback to managers and staff regarding patient care (MSET) issues.
- Collaborates with Nursing leadership and educators to develop educational opportunities for the MSET Program goals, implement strategic objectives and evaluate program goals.
- MSET RNs will serve as the Chair/Co-Chair of the Resuscitation Committee and report quality assurance data to the committee monthly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- BSN is preferred; all Registered Nurses with an Associate's Degree in Nursing will be required to obtain their BSN within five years of hire (Effective March 2014).
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR, ACLS, and PALS required.
- Minimum of two years Supervisory/Charge Nurse experience required.
- Minimum of three years of clinical RN experience in an Intensive Care Unit or Emergency Department required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel required.
- Certification in applicable field, i.e., CEN, CCRN, etc. preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine