MRI Technologist - Traveler
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-6367
Job Department: 4054302 MIF-Radiology-Diagnostic
Job Posted Date: Dec 08, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to prepare patients and perform routine MRI procedures in accordance with physicians’ orders and the procedure manual. The MRI Technologist produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with appropriate comparison studies and other exam results or pertinent information to the Radiologist for timely interpretation.
The MRI Technologist supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for MRI examinations by confirming physicians’ orders, verifying patients’ identities, and obtaining adequate medical histories to ensure the appropriateness of examinations and facilitate timely accurate diagnosis of the patient.
- Performs MRI examinations/procedures on all patient age groups and maintains clinical competency as evidenced by completion of an annual Competency Based Orientation Tool for Clinical Associates in MRI. Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care. Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of MRI services/activities.
- Greets all patients, visitors, family members, physicians, and Associates in a courteous and professional manner. Addresses customers’ needs efficiently, effectively, and confidentially.
- Answers telephones courteously, professionally, and by the third ring. Screens and transfers telephone calls or takes messages as appropriate to facilitate effective Radiology communications.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors by requiring and supporting the establishment, maintenance, and education of an effective safety management program. Adheres to MRI safety and security practices for patients, personnel, and self-including appropriate screening and instruction for anyone who approaches or enters the magnet room.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials by reporting inventory depletion and restocking to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data in order to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely accurate billing for services.
- Participates in Performance improvement activities for MRI utilizing the PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement.
- Remains proficient in the use of all applicable Radiology and organizational Information Management systems as needed.
- Six months’ relevant experience required (minimum of three in MRI OR successful and documented completion of MWHC/MIF cross-training program)
- American Heart Association CPR required.
Additional Qualifications for Mary Washington Hospital and Stafford Hospital:
- Advanced level certification by the ARRT in MRI required within one year of hire date.
Additional Qualifications for Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg:
- Advanced level certification by the ARRT or ARMRIT in MRI required within one year of hire date.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine