Monitor Technician - Telemetry
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-940
Job Department: 2004059 MWH-Telemetry
Job Posted Date: Aug 25, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
To observe, document, and communicate cardiac rhythms at the telemetry station under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac rhythms.
- Documents rhythm strips according to Care Center policy.
- Maintains communication with appropriate nurse regarding telemetry concerns.
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment by assuming responsibility for organizing and coordinating the telemetry station.
- Accepts responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Contributes to the continuous quality improvement process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Successful completion of Basic Arrhythmia Course required within 45 days of hire.
- Successfully pass the Basic Arrhythmia test within three attempts.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine