Midwife Opportunity for a busy OB/GYN Practice
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-5284
Job Department: 4906557 MWMG-Obstetrics & Gynecology
Job Posted Date: Sep 09, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary
The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) provides clinical services to women in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. The incumbent in this position must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and an understanding of the interdependent roles of various allied health professions.
This individual will assess physical, psychosocial, cognitive, and functional components, develop a treatment plan, order, and interpret diagnostic components of the plan, and prescribe non-pharmacological and pharmacological agents.
The CNM functions professionally under a practice agreement with the supervising physician and operationally under the Vice President Nursing Services and/or the designee.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides inpatient and outpatient obstetrical care throughout the entire pregnancy to include collaborative management and delivery of laboring patients, and OB emergency care
- Provides gynecologic care to include wellness screening, performance of comprehensive health assessments, and the performance of in-office procedures to include placement of IUDs, colposcopy, endometrial biopsy
- Arranges inpatient admissions, transfers, and discharges in accordance with established guidelines and standards developed within the collaborative practice.
- Performs inpatient rounds and records appropriate notes, compiles detailed narrative and case summaries and complete forms pertinent to patients’ medical records
- Provides pregnancy care by managing low risk pregnancies and identify and participate in collaborative care of high-risk pregnancies.
- Provides support during labor and childbirth, postpartum, intrapartum, and antepartum care in the hospital and or outpatient setting.
- Perform procedures such as circumcision, 1st and 2nd degree lacerations repair and assist with cesarean deliveries
- Plans and initiate a therapeutic regimen which includes ordering legend drugs, medical devices, nutrition, and supportive services in accordance with established protocols and institutional policies.
- Orders laboratory, radiological, and diagnostic studies appropriate for complaint, age, race, sex, and physical condition of the patient.
- Institutes appropriate emergency/stabilization measures and/or treatment in situations such as cardiac arrest, shock, hemorrhage, convulsions, poisoning, and allergic reactions.
- Performs complete, detailed, and accurate health histories and patient record review.
- Develops comprehensive medical and nursing status reports.
- Meets all the requirements of the practice agreement with the supervising physician(s) under the regulations and requirements of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice in Virginia required.
- Current Virginia state certification as an Adult Nurse Practitioner, required
- CNM, BLS, PALS and DEA within 90 days of hire, required
- Two years of experience working as a CNM with a strong background in OBGYN preferred.
- Working knowledge of ICD9/10, CPT and HCPCS coding, required.
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records systems preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in emergency situations and under stress.
- Ability to work cooperatively/collaboratively as part of a team, developing productive working relationships with diverse groups of people.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine