City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-2628
Job Department: 2004250 MWH-Pathology
Job Posted Date: Apr 14, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to perform a variety of clerical and secretarial support services, particularly the timely, accurate transcription of medical records and dictations in order to assist physicians in the diagnostic and reporting process in order to provide effective, quality care. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Transcribe routine and complex medical dictation and reports in order to document the results of the physician’s findings in a timely, accurate manner.
- Compile, type and reproduce a variety of correspondence, reports and documents in a timely, accurate fashion to facilitate and document department operations.
- Coordinate and interface with pathologist's offices and billing agents to ensure that all standards, operational, and billing procedures are in compliance with current regulatory agencies and all state and federal guidelines.
- Interface effectively with outside agencies, physician offices, and laboratories in order to ensure the timely effective transfer of specimens and appropriate documentation.
- Pulls and prepares slides and/or blocks for peer review and/or tumor conferences as needed by the Pathologists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Three to four (3-4) years transcription experience preferred.
- Strong communication and computer skills are required.
- Must demonstrate a minimum typing speed of 65 wpm.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.